Obedience
So I know, anyone who has recently seen me, has noticed that there has been a change. As of recently, I am one-third of the person that I was when Grayson was born. This post is to tell you why. I didn't run four miles a day, eat nothing by gummy bears and ice cream, get gastric bypass, take alli, and do 1000 stomach crunches a day. Although all of those are things that I have either done or thought of, OK so the gummy bears and ice cream are the only thing I actually did. No, what really happened is truly the grace of the Lord.
After Grayson was born I had a funky rash that showed up under my nose. It itched and was red and scaly. I have never had skin problems, so of course I freaked out and then went to my Dr. After trying several topical treatments and nothing working, he diagnosed it as seborrhea, a severe form of psoriasis. I was told that it would never go away and that it would probably just flair up from time to time. Not satisfied with that answer I did some research and discovered that a fairly common cause of psoriasis is a systemic yeast overgrowth. On yeastconnection.com they have a test to find out how likely of a candidate you are, and I scored pretty high. I knew a program that had worked for someone I knew, so I did some reading. Come to find out the supplements were going to be really expensive; since Wade had just quit his job and started fire school, we knew we had to pray about this. This is where it becomes awesome. During my quite time, the Lord would take me to scripture after scripture pertaining to yeast. I had no idea yeast was mentioned this many times.
After several days of this, Wade and I knew that the Lord was calling me to do this. Most of the supplements were given to me for free. Now it was just down to doing it. The diet itself is very strict. It requires that you consume absolutely no dairy, sugar, yeast, grains, vinegar, chips, french fries, pork,or even dried fruit for the first nine weeks. Then you gradually add foods back in and figure out what works with your body. Wade was a little skeptical since I have never stuck to a diet that long before, and a that time, sonic was my second favorite hang out.
The Lord gave me the strength to do this. I seriously thought that I was doing this to get rid of a rash, but what happened was so much more. I learned what food is. The Lord gives us food to nourish and heal our bodies, and I was totally abusing that. It was a comfort to me. Once I was stripped of all the foods that I sought solice in, God began to reveal so much to me about the responsibility I have to take care of this body. God should be the only one to meet all of our needs. I still have a lot to learn, and even though I am back to regular food, I still am messing up from time to time. (I had 6 cookies the other night.) I just thank the Lord for such a visible sign of the growth that He has done in me. Oh and the rash is completely gone, too.
I want to say this, too. I have tried to control my weight without retraining my thoughts. I remember my senior year of high school; I worked out for three hours a day. I would only eat a chicken sandwich, a bag of Reese's pieces and a Dr. pepper. I was starving my body and over-exercising and was still bigger than I am now. I eat so much food. I am never hungry. The Lord has just taught me what foods MY body needs. I can tell you what worked for me, but your body is uniquely different from mine. If you are not satisfied with what you are doing to God's fearfully and wonderfully made creation, please don't come to me. Take it to the Lord. Let Him search you and know your anxious thoughts. He promises us good things to eat and good things to drink. He promises His provision is daily. Please know that my pants size has nothing to do with me. I just stepped out in faith and obeyed what the Lord asked me to do. The number on my scale has just been the fruit of this journey. But don't get me wrong, I AM VERY EXCITED!!!!!
After Grayson was born I had a funky rash that showed up under my nose. It itched and was red and scaly. I have never had skin problems, so of course I freaked out and then went to my Dr. After trying several topical treatments and nothing working, he diagnosed it as seborrhea, a severe form of psoriasis. I was told that it would never go away and that it would probably just flair up from time to time. Not satisfied with that answer I did some research and discovered that a fairly common cause of psoriasis is a systemic yeast overgrowth. On yeastconnection.com they have a test to find out how likely of a candidate you are, and I scored pretty high. I knew a program that had worked for someone I knew, so I did some reading. Come to find out the supplements were going to be really expensive; since Wade had just quit his job and started fire school, we knew we had to pray about this. This is where it becomes awesome. During my quite time, the Lord would take me to scripture after scripture pertaining to yeast. I had no idea yeast was mentioned this many times.
After several days of this, Wade and I knew that the Lord was calling me to do this. Most of the supplements were given to me for free. Now it was just down to doing it. The diet itself is very strict. It requires that you consume absolutely no dairy, sugar, yeast, grains, vinegar, chips, french fries, pork,or even dried fruit for the first nine weeks. Then you gradually add foods back in and figure out what works with your body. Wade was a little skeptical since I have never stuck to a diet that long before, and a that time, sonic was my second favorite hang out.
The Lord gave me the strength to do this. I seriously thought that I was doing this to get rid of a rash, but what happened was so much more. I learned what food is. The Lord gives us food to nourish and heal our bodies, and I was totally abusing that. It was a comfort to me. Once I was stripped of all the foods that I sought solice in, God began to reveal so much to me about the responsibility I have to take care of this body. God should be the only one to meet all of our needs. I still have a lot to learn, and even though I am back to regular food, I still am messing up from time to time. (I had 6 cookies the other night.) I just thank the Lord for such a visible sign of the growth that He has done in me. Oh and the rash is completely gone, too.
I want to say this, too. I have tried to control my weight without retraining my thoughts. I remember my senior year of high school; I worked out for three hours a day. I would only eat a chicken sandwich, a bag of Reese's pieces and a Dr. pepper. I was starving my body and over-exercising and was still bigger than I am now. I eat so much food. I am never hungry. The Lord has just taught me what foods MY body needs. I can tell you what worked for me, but your body is uniquely different from mine. If you are not satisfied with what you are doing to God's fearfully and wonderfully made creation, please don't come to me. Take it to the Lord. Let Him search you and know your anxious thoughts. He promises us good things to eat and good things to drink. He promises His provision is daily. Please know that my pants size has nothing to do with me. I just stepped out in faith and obeyed what the Lord asked me to do. The number on my scale has just been the fruit of this journey. But don't get me wrong, I AM VERY EXCITED!!!!!

Comments
This story is so similar to my own, except there wasn't something wrong with me. I was nursing Hayden, and HE was the one with a rash all over his body. My diet affected him. At first, when they told me what foods had to be eliminated from my diet (there were a ton) I thought I would never be able to survive. But it was my baby! I had to do this! The Lord was so good...and I echo what you said. He taught me that six months what food is. It's something the Lord gives us to fuel our bodies...the end. It's nothing more. So, that need in me to get full on specific foods, and to let foods control me was gone.
Until the Lord showed me that He has given me everything I need...a sound mind, a spirit that can be completely controlled by the Lord, I had battled with food and my weight my entire life.
I have been thinner since I had Hayden than I ever was in high school. Praise God!
SO excited about what the Lord has taught you...and how stinkin' cute you look!
Heather
SO TRUE! If anyone has taken any antibiotics or steriods, they have a build up of candida yeast and need to do a yeast detox with the supplements...you should also do that after anytime you take either of those.
I too am in the middle of a yeast detox because of a rash that has been all over my the trunk of my body for years. You need to read the "China Syndrome" Wendy Williams has my copy you can ask her for it.
Debi
I'm so blessed to share life with you and learn from you. I just wanted you to know that.