March 3, 2010

Dear Blessings,

I have had this blog for awhile and realized that I only viewed it as a mode of entertainment. Then I realized that I am not all that entertaining, so I stopped blogging for awhile. Then I began to realize that this time in our lives is fleeting, as a matter of fact, it's slipping away faster than I ever imagined. I want to chronicle these days for us. So some day we can look back together and laugh, cry, and rejoice at all God has done. So here we are.

Grady, you had the wonderful idea to be a clown today, so Mommy got out the make-up and a clown was born. I love your creativity and imagination. Your mind moves constantly and I can hardly keep up. So many first are coming in your life. You just learned how to ride your bike without training wheels and every day you are learning new things in Kindergarten. Mommy is currently teaching you; daily I am amazed at how much your little brain soaks in. You can count to 100 by tens and ones, write your full name in cursive, memorize scripture like nobody's business, and even help Mommy out around the house. We had a long talk about Jesus today and you asked a lot of questions. I even saw you run off to pray a couple of times. I am daily praying for your salvation. I see God working on your precious heart, and feel so blessed and honored to have a front seat to the miracle.

Will, you are just blossoming before my eyes. You used to be very shy and timid, but your personality is coming out big time now. Your smile is contagious. I love to watch you mimick Grady. You look up to him so much. You adore your baby sister and are very quick to give a helping hand. To you cleanliness must be next to Godliness, because you can't stand even a speck of dirt on your clothes. Fear is just another word to you. You will try and succeed at just about anything, which probably explains the stitches and broken arm before you were even two.

Grayson, you are an adorable bundle of all things fun and crazy. Your favorite thing is to make us laugh, and you do often. You are also a snuggly little boy. You get your "pa" and put your little finger in your bellybutton, and that's all it takes. Well, that and an empty lap. You are also just about done with potty training. YAY! Emily only set us back a little.

Emily Rose, I can't believe you have been in our arms for two months. WOW! Of course anyone who knows us, knows you have been in our hearts much longer. You were a promise child for me. I kept praying for God to give us a daughter or take away the desire. I can still hardly believe all the pink and bows. For now we love to see you in those adorable outfits, and melt everytime you smile. Daddy is already very tightly wound around that tiny little finger of yours, and loving every minute of it.

Speaking of Daddy, he is faithfully seeking God's plan to make him a firefighter. That journey began on Grady's 4th birthday and is still going. He has tested with several departments and has finally heared from one. CSFD has brought him all the way to the interview process and Daddy is in the top 10! We are so excited and hopeful at what God has done and is doing. Daddy is also enrolled in a Man Class Bible study and working as an EMT. God has been such an amazing provider. On paper, our bills shouldn't be payed, but every month there is just enough. It is has been hard and amazing watching and waiting on the Lord for every need. He has been abundant. Even provided us with a free vacation, new tires for Daddy's truck, paid for all the birth of Emily, and given us a beautiful new set of coaches. None of which we have paid for. So cool.

Mommy has been busy taking care of all of you. I love it. I never have enough sleep, the house is never perfect, we don't always get the school work done, there is always a sink full of dishes, the laundry multiplies on its own while I sleep; but there is no other job in this world that I would rather do. Trust me, I've tried. I went back to work in April at The Med in Labor and Delivery. It stressed us all out. After Daddy and I both realized that I need to be home, I quit in August and have never regretted that decision. I love you kids and your Daddy more than I can express, but know that the Father in Heaven loves you more than I could even fathom.

In His Grip,

Mommy

Comments

Brittany Baker said…
Liz,

I can't believe that it has been so long since I have seen you guys! Your kids are getting so big and I had no idea that you had another one (a girl!). I have tears in my eyes! I miss your precious family so, so much!!
Jenn Harrist said…
Liz

I miss you guys so much! I am so happy to hear that you have a beautiful baby girl to hold and love, and be protected by all those big brothers!

Popular Posts