Mother's Day Surprises!


Well, guess what I had three children drop me a line on Mother's Day. That's right. We are expecting a third. Come January, we will have a newborn, a 13 mon. old, and a 3 1/2 yr old. Praise the Lord for unexpected blessings. We are so excited.
To all of you who are worried or nervous for us here are some verses for encouragement.
Psalm 127:3-5 (New King James Version)
3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
No where in the bible does it speak of too many children being a burden, but it does speak of money as being a burden. When you look as this unexpected blessing with the world's goggles it is easy to feel sorry for us. But when you look at children the way God does. This is absolutely the coolest gift a Mother could receive.
After we lost the baby before Will, I said I would rather get an unexpecting blessing than to do something that might unknowingly cause us to lose another baby. And praise the Lord, I get to live those words.

Comments

Rachel said…
Congratulations, Liz! Children indeed are a blessing--I'm so blessed to see you living out your words!
Ryan Price said…
The baby will be the perfect age when I get back... I'll actually be able to hold it without ya'll thinking I'm gonna drop it!!
the amys said…
You saw Will the day he was born. This baby will so miss out on that.
Jon and Sally said…
Congratulations Amys! So Fun!
Blessings to this little baby and he or she's wonderful family!
Jon and Sally said…
P.s. My sister Kaye found out she was prego on mother's day too!
Hendrick Family said…
No worries here! All will be well!! Children are such a blessing. Turn a deaf ear to any negative comments. God will never give you more than you can bear...and we know children come straight from the Lord...so duh. You guys will be nothing but blessed.

Love you guys!

Heather
the amys said…
I love you Heather. You are such an encourager.
chelsea said…
I am so excited for you! Those Amy children are so precious...I can't wait to see how the Lord grows your family.

See you tomorrow!
Garner Zoo said…
We are so excited for y'all!! I can't wait to find out what it is now, but I am sure you are more anxious than me. Who knew that your blue room might permanently be a girls room..hee hee
Carpio Family said…
Congratulations, I can't say that enough!!! I'm So happy for you guys!!YEA another baby!!
Hendrick Family said…
Liz! I don't have your email address where I am...so PLEASE email me and tell me what God did last night! We want to hear!!!

Heather
Praise God for babies!! Congratulations!! I enjoyed your comment on my blog recently. This is such an amazingly small world. The Hendrick are such a great family to know in common!! I am new to this blog thing. I am trying to blog more often but I still need work. Keep checking mine to get more updates on the Catoe family!!

Popular Posts