Back by popular demand. . . . .



OK Heather, I have to know what you did to finally get the plague to passover over your door. Cause for some reason, it left your house and came to mine. Thankfully we did get our flu shots this year, so we don't have that, but Grady brought home the sinus junk four weeks ago, and Wade and I both got it and passed it to Will.


Will has yet to get over it, he sounds like an old smoker when he coughs. It breaks my heart to hear my little guy struggling to nurse first thing in the morning and not being to do anything about it. Since he is so young there are no drugs for him, and our pedi told us he didn't need a breathing treatment. So today we are starting him on antibiotics; I pray this works quickly.


Grady has gotten over the orginal bug, but got into the giving spirit once more. He brought home another bug that so far has not hit me. Wade on the other hand, stayed home sick from work today for maybe the second time in our marriage (first time was the flu). Yesterday he took the third nap that I have ever seen hime take. His mother was wondering if I needed to call 9-1-1. Wade just doesn't take naps.


And as if the bug Grady brought home wasn't enough, he now has bacterial conjunctivitis, also know as "pink eye". He woke up screaming Sat. night; his eyes were so bad, he couldn't even open them. "Pink eye" is also highly contagious, so trying to teach a 2 year old how to keep his germs to himself is quite difficult. I just can't afford the possibility of him passing this on to Will. AHHHH! Oh and if you thought a little shampoo in the eye at bathtime was bad, trying strapping down a child to put drops in his eyes. The neighbors probably think we are beating him.


The positive to all this, I have my hubby home today. I have an excuse to hold my babies a little longer than usual. We get to eat all the cookies and crackers we can stand (that's all I can get Wade and Grady to eat right now). And my skin is so moist from the vaporizers going 24-7. Thank you God for the silver lining.


Oh and to you who work in the nursery at church or Mother's Day Out, if Grady has to bring something home, can it please be a beautiful picture or a new song. Even a picture of germs, instead of the real thing. I am so glad that Grady wants to share all that he has with us, but lately his gifts need a warning label.

Comments

Jennifer Bacak said…
Liz,
It's great to see your blog,and pics of your family! Your Golden Retriever looks just like ours!!
And your husband sounds just like mine...if he takes a nap, I also consider calling 911.
Love y'all!
jenn
Hendrick Family said…
Well, I finally had to resort to quarantine...I sent all the kids to separate rooms and told them they could not come out until their noses were dry and their mouths quit coughing.

Just kidding.

But I won't lie...after a MONTH of sickness, I would day dream about doing that.

Call me! I have lots of ideas for getting rid of the crud...or at least making it a little easier to get through.

Heather
SaraEaker said…
I love your precious boys!! I am praying for you dear...and I am glad to know you found the silver lining! Thankfulness is so encouraging! I love you!
Ryan Price said…
Well that just stinks... but, hey... cool pictures of the boys!

p.s. I told you people would read your blog if you posted something!

Popular Posts